At CEVA, we believe that logistics is a people business, that’s why we create an environment of trust and team spirit - we encourage initiative and we empower our talent to grow in their careers. We are supply chain experts and live and breathe it every day. We offer a broad range of services in Contract Logistics, Air, Ocean and Ground management thanks to our 78,000 employees, operating in more than 160 countries. At CEVA, we are passionate about our work and the value we deliver to our customers and as a company, we are growing at a fast pace - do you Dare to Grow with us?
Job Summary: The Team Leader position is responsible for leading a group of employees in established work processes and procedures. This is a working team lead position - Hands on, manual work is required to ensure we meet our customer requirements and timelines. Team Leaders will help run team meetings, collect data, perform process audits, and actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
Number of Vacancies: 1- Replenishment/IC (06:30pm – 03:00am), Monday to Friday
Job Description: As a Team Leader, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
▪ Supporting achievement of shift KPI’s by directing personnel in coordination with Ops Supervisor and performing various warehouse activities including manual labour
▪ Distributing work assignments and ensuring employees are completing tasks timely and accurately as required by Management.
▪ Assisting in providing on-the-job training as directed by Management.
▪ Record keeping, logbook updates, and completing computer entries and checklists as required.
▪ Assisting in resolving recordkeeping discrepancies.
▪ Ensuring safety and emergency awareness and requirements are completed
▪ Participating in start-up activities with cross functional teams.
▪ Ensuring timely reporting to management of any damage noticed, including the following: parts, freight, equipment of any kind, and building amenities.
▪ Supporting Lean practices, teamwork, and quality initiatives in all areas of the operation.
▪ Adhering to all company policies and procedures.
▪ Completing tasks following defined processes and procedures; may involve a variety of work routines.
▪ Being proactive and coordinating actions that will ensure operations are efficient and meeting requirements.
▪ Leading team meetings daily and track team performance metrics.
▪ From time to time, management may add new or redefine responsibilities to meet customer demands
▪ 2 years’ experience in a Team Lead role in a fast paced distribution center, manufacturing or a similar environment
▪ Warehouse Worker or Material Handler experience required.
▪ High School education is required
▪ Experience with inventory slotting is an asset
▪ Demonstrated ability to use MS Excel, MS Outlook, and experience with a WMS system
▪ Demonstrated abilities to work in extreme temperatures in warehouse (hot/humid/cold).
▪ Ability to deal with multiple demands and various tasks/deadlines simultaneously.
▪ JIT third party logistics an asset.
▪ Work in a very fast paced, noisy environment, multiple demands.
▪ Physical and mental demands of constant walking and standing, occasional lifting (up to 50lbs), bending, climbing stairs and sitting.
▪ Must demonstrate a satisfactory performance and attendance record to be considered.(For Internal candidates only)
To express interest in this position, please visit https://careers.cevalogistics.com/ to apply.
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer. It is company policy that there shall be no discrimination against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, ancestry, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability and/or age (as prescribed by law). Applicants requiring accommodation are asked to make their needs known in advance. Please note: Legitimate CEVA Logistics recruitment processes include communication with candidates through recognized professional networks, such as LinkedIn or via an official company email address: email@example.com. We recommend that you do not respond to unsolicited business propositions and/or offers from people with whom you are unfamiliar.
We sincerely thank all applicants who express an interest in this role; however, only those being directly considered will be contacted for an interview, no phone call or agency inquiries please. In the event of a restructuring, reorganization, etc, the Company reserves the right to place employees in new positions without benefit of posting. Additionally, the Company may not post executive or certain other management level positions.