Delivering the benefits of scale to both retailers and manufacturers
Working with both retailers and manufacturers has enabled us to develop the CEVA Smart Consolidation Solution that meets the needs of both.
The intensity of price competition and the diversity of product lines in the retail environment are putting consumer goods supply chains under pressure to reduce cost and remove inventory. Retailers want smaller, more frequent deliveries from suppliers without increasing the amount of traffic in distribution centers (DCs). Which means manufacturers have to make inefficient part-load deliveries of medium- and slower-moving lines.
All our partners
By reducing the distances traveled, you lower your carbon footprint.
By introducing a stock consolidation point ahead of the retailer DCs, you get:
- continued access to the retailer channel, while we ensure consistent quality by using our scale to combine volumes, using approved systems and applying our unique operational expertise
- reduced cost, as the saving from our transport optimization outweighs any increase in additional handling and storage costs
By consolidating multiple orders into single full-load deliveries, you get:
- better compliance as our Operations Excellence approach ensures you receive all deliveries in the format you require, with the right information and documentation to improve your DC receipt operations
- reduced cost, as our consolidated deliveries help minimize congestion in your DC
Tailored to your needs
You can assemble a solution to meet your specific supply chain needs from our modular, proven, best-practice building blocks. This gives you the benefits of:
- Zero Defect Start-Ups ? getting every project off to a great start
- LEAN philosophy ? eliminating waste, inflexibility and variability
- Global Standard Metrics ? providing the measurements that help you manage effectively
- Standardized Solutions ? reducing risk and increasing productivity
The Smart Consolidation services are grouped into three categories:
- Core services ? everything you need for a basic service, with the compliance and cost-effectiveness you require.
- Extended services ? optional services that complement the core services.
- Support services ? additional services from our broad portfolio that provide value in other areas of your business.